For the automated printing to work with PantrackerGP, if you are in the cloud and do not have a VPN, the following must be set up:
- The printer must have a Static IP address
- The external firewall must be setup for port forwarding to forward an external port to the port 9100 of the printers IP address
- Using your Public IP address and the forwarded external port, we would install the printer both on the Remote Desktop Server and the server that hosts PanatrackerGP.
XYZ Company has a public IP address of 220.127.116.11, with an external port of 55591.
- Set the external port of 55591 on XYZ companies firewall to forward to the printers IP address over port 9100 (this is the port printer listen on for print requests).
- Install the printer on the server using the IP address 18.104.22.168 and port 55591
Any requests made to the printer will send over the Internet to XYZ Company's printer onsite.